Website CES, LLC
Integrity At Work
Provide autonomous subject matter expertise and support to all aspects of the Government testing process. The Test Engineer will conduct and support GAT on delivered software builds Support UAT Create, define, and explain solutions to problems encountered during the GAT process and be willing to accept responsibility and accountability as it is delegated by the PM and or COR throughout the GAT process.
- Working with a verification and validation (V&V) team of software testers
- Working with the CODIS Software Development Team for system functionality, logic, and clarification.
- Conduct Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), as appropriate.
- Responsible for learning and testing a complex, multi-tiered, software application.
- Attempt to reproduce defects reported by end users
- Work experience beyond basic test procedure/script execution is essential; ability to implement likely end-user interactions and system testing examinations/experimentation based upon program functionality and expected functionality.
- All software testing will be performed manually and on-site. Alternative work schedules and telework will be permitted on a case by case basis.
- Automated testing in GAT is not being utilized at this time, but software tester automated testing experience is a plus as automated testing will eventually be used in GAT.
- Develop innovative processes, procedures, and techniques to challenge the functionality of the software.
- Ensure that the developed software is fully functional and ready for end-user interface and operations.
- Serve as the task lead to liaison with the COR and the Tester PM
- Works with Development Team to understand requirements and report possible conflicts and resolutions.
- Identifies system anomalies and diagnoses possible causes.
- Review and provide feedback on contract (operations, maintenance, and development) document deliverables.
- Must possess five (5) years of experience as a software test engineer on complex multi-tiered software such as CODIS to include the following:
- Creation of formal software test procedures/scripts
- Development of test data to be used in formal software test procedures/scripts — Peer review of software test scripts
- Manual execution of formal software test scripts
- Documentation of testing results
- Identification and reporting of software bugs
- An alternative to the five (5) years of experience can be experience as a software test engineer on complex multi-tiered software such as CODIS.
- Must possess an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Must display ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; specifically, be able to convey complex coding and system interface challenges in a way that a non-testing expert can understand.
- Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player with all CODIS staff and current and future CODIS contactors.
- Demonstrated ability to develop test plans and procedures and develop innovative ways to test software and end-user interfaces.
- Demonstrated experience supporting testing scenarios of system functionality.
- Possess an IT bachelor’s degree
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience on a project designated as Agile; specifically, being experienced with agile project management approaches within federally contracted efforts.
- Recent (within the last three years) work in Government Acceptance Testing (GAT).
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience using Microsoft Access.
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience with VMware or similar software application.
- Recent (within the last three years) work experience with automated testing.
- Experience with systems engineering as it relates to set up and maintenance of testing environments
- Ability to use tools in establishing automated testing scenarios.
- Ability to function and perform duties in a team environment.
- Ability to meet project defined or designated deadlines.
- Willingness to partake in annual travel (Continental US), 1-week per year.
*Pending contract award.*
CES, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. CES’ written affirmative action plan is available for inspection upon request.