Website CES, LLC
Integrity At Work
The CODIS SME will work with Development Team to understand requirements and report possible conflicts and resolutions, identify system anomalies and diagnoses possible causes and review and provide feedback on contract (operations, maintenance, and development) document deliverables.
Primary work location is Quantico, VA. Some travel within DC Metro area may be required.
- Work with a verification and validation (V&V) team of software testers for this project.
- Provide technical expertise in the operation and routine and non-routine use of the CODIS software
- Review and develop test procedures from the perspective of a CODIS end user
- Review and develop test data sets that represent operational scenarios
- Develop test procedures that exercise CODIS functionality in an operationally realistic manner
- Evaluate the implementation of user enhancements in order to support the creation of test procedures.
- Validate testing approaches and the accuracy of system design documentation.
- Participate in the evaluation of screen mockups and prototypes to support usability reviews with various law enforcement stakeholders.
- Work with the CODIS Software Development Team for system functionality, logic, and clarification.
- Conduct Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT), as appropriate.
- Attempt to reproduce defects reported by end users
- Evaluate the software for usability
- All software testing will be performed manually and on-site, telework is not permitted for this project.
- Ensure that the developed software is fully functional and ready for end-user interface and operations.
- Conduct and support GAT on delivered software builds Support UAT
- Create, define, and explain solutions to problems encountered during the GAT process.
- Be willing to accept responsibility and accountability as it is delegated throughout the GAT process.
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a CODIS end user
- · Must have completed the FBI’s Computer Based Training or Instructor Lead Training on the CODIS software
- Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Must be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Must display ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing; specifically, be able to convey complex coding and system interface challenges in plain English and in a way that a non-testing expert can understand.
- Demonstrate ability to be a problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a team player with all CODIS staff and current and future CODIS contractors.
- A Minimum of five (5) years of experience with the CODIS software
- Experience as a Local or State CODIS Administrator
- Demonstrated ability to develop scientific or software validation/test plans and procedures
- Demonstrated experience supporting scientific validations or software testing scenarios
- Possession of an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance
- Experience with software acceptance testing
- Experience designing or conducting scientific validation studies
- Ability to function and perform duties in a team environment.
- Ability to meet project defined or designated deadlines.
- Willingness to partake in annual travel (Continental US), 1-week per year.
*Pending contract award.*
CES, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. CES’ written affirmative action plan is available for inspection upon request.